UNAVCO Summary of Optech ILRIS-3D
Article ID: 801 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM
The ILRIS is a long range scanner (up to ~1500 m) and was UNAVCO’s first TLS instrument, acquired in 2008. We specially outfitted this scanner for cold weather deployment and it was a tried and true instrument for polar applications. It was deployed in non polar environments as well.
|Back to TLS Comparison Table
||Field of View
||7 mm||75 W||40° x 40°||13 kg / 28.7 lbs||-25°C - 40° C
Technical Specs and Manual
- Optech ILRIS website
- ILRIS-3D Technical Specs (pdf) - Technical specifications for the ILRIS-3D.
- ILRIS-3D Operation Manual (pdf) - Covers topics such as basic set-up, operation and maintenance of the Optech ILRIS 3D Terrestrial Laser Scanner LiDAR system.
- InnovMetric PolyWorks V10 Beginner’s Guide (pdf) - Contains the InnovMetric PolyWorks V10 Beginner’s Guide.
- TLS Manual - PolyWorks IMAlign v10 (pdf) - Shows the procedure to follow to align multiple scans into one point cloud.
- TLS Manual - PolyWorks Error Map (pdf) - By following these guidelines useres can create comparison maps or images to show differences in attributes within one scan (such as elevation differences).
- TLS Manual - Geo-referencing in IMINSPECT (pdf) - Instructions for geo-referencing in IMINSPECT.
- TLS Manual - Geo-referencing in PolyWorks IMAlign v9 (pdf) - Instructions for geo-referencing in IMAlign.
- Matchview User Manual (pdf) - Explains to users how to align range data with a color digital camera image.
Calculating Pit Volume
- Calculating Pit Volume (pdf) - This document provides an example of how to calculate changes in volume by creating a mesh of the object or area in question.
Software and Calibrations